Sunday, August 14, 2011

Too good to be true?

Martha complained that her husband, George, was just getting too old and listless. She suggested that he go to the doctor for a checkup and see if the doctor could give him something to pep him up. George went to the doctor and when he got home he was a different man. He chased his wife around the house and couldn't get her to bed often enough. Martha was worn out. She thought, "This is too good to be true. I'm going to the doctor and see if he can do something for me." George drove his wife to the doctor's office and waited while she went in to see the doctor. Martha said to the doctor, "What did you tell my husband. He is like a new man." The doctor said, "Well, I don't know. I gave him a checkup but I don't remember saying anything that would change him like that." She said, "Well, he's right out here in the waiting room. You ask him. George came into the office. The doctor said, "What did I say to you that gave you so much energy?" George said, "You said be cheerful. You have a hot mama!" The doctor said. "Oh, no! I said, be careful. You have a heart murmur!"

No comments:

Post a Comment