Thursday, August 18, 2011

What QB to start in week 14. Helbeck against Texans or Palmer against Vikings?

I'd go with Helbeck. I'd say both QB's are comparable with Palmer having a slight edge on the better team, so it comes down to matchup. My initial reaction was that the Vikings defense was much tougher than the Texans, which is true, but if you look at ESPN scoring the Vikings D has given up more points to opposing QB's than the Texans D. I suspect that's because teams are often throwing alot to play catchup against the Vikes. Still, my sense is that the Vikings/Bengals game is going to be more of a trading leads trench warfare field position game with both teams trying to establish the run, while the Seahawks/Texans game will be more of a shootout. This gives the upside potential to Helbeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment